Saturday, May 15, 2010

Living to fight another day

What is the worst thing that can happen to a movie buff at home? You might go for the obvious answers like, there is a power cut, or that something is wrong at the cable-guy’s end or that some guests or relatives arrive at the very time of the movie you want to watch the most. But the most frustrating thing that happens to me is the following.

While going through the various movie channel schedules in the newspaper, I come across two movies starting at the exact same time. Both seem equally interesting from the title or from their cast and I have no clue about what they might be about. So I randomly select one and as time passes, I find that the movie I’m watching turns out bad. Giving up on it I switch to the other channel find that the other movie really seems to have a gripping effect on me. But I’m not the person to watch any movie halfway. In fact I even need to see all the titles with which the movie starts.

So the rest of the time is spent in utter frustration regretting the wrong decision on my part. But as I’m still in mood to watch some movie or the other, I watch one of my favorite movies in my CD collection or on laptop and live to fight another day.

2 comments:

  1. Which two movies were they?

    Some other options are; Tata Sky Plus (any other TV provider which allows "recording")

    ReplyDelete